Thursday, June 24, 2021

God’s Ocean

 

“… I am with you always…”  

Matthew 28:20 

I think that we go to the oceans because we can feel God’s presence there. He is mighty, like the waves, yet there can be happiness and joy found there. Psalm 139:9-10 says this, “If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there you hand will guide me.” We are drawn to the ocean because its power reflects that of God’s. 
Only God can conquer the raging seas. Psalm 93:4 says, “But the mightier than the violent raging of seas, mightier than the breaker on the shore — the Lord above is mightier than these.” It is comforting to me to know that my God is stronger than one of the most powerful things imaginable. 
Also, the ocean can remind us of what God’s grace feels like. Psalm 42:7 says, “I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me.” God’s grace and mercy sweep over you as a wave does. It makes sense why we are so drawn to it; it reminds us of the one who made everything.”

         ~ Anonymous  

No comments:

Post a Comment