Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Living Courageously

“Be strong and courageous.”  Joshua 1:9

Courage doesn’t mean you’re never afraid. You can’t be courageous unless you’re facing something that makes you want to shrink back.

Christians stake their entire lives on Jesus Christ, and he equips us to deal with life on his terms, with his courage.

Jesus lived courageously

Despite intense resistance from both the spiritual and secular leaders of that day, Jesus lived courageously and always spoke the truth.

He knew his followers were afraid; they dreaded the time when he would leave them and return to his home in heaven.

That’s why he promised to send them a Helper, the Holy Spirit, who would empower them to proclaim the Gospel fearlessly. That same Holy Spirit empowers you and me today.

Through faith in Jesus Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the all-sufficient grace of God, we can face with confidence every challenge, crisis, and catastrophe.

Stand on these promises from the Bible

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Prayer

Dear God, I want to face life with courage. Give me faith to stand firm for what I know is true. I believe that Jesus is alive in me, that the Holy Spirit empowers me to live with confidence, and that Your grace is sufficient for every situation. Amen.

~ medium.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment