Tuesday, June 18, 2024

God’s Guidance


 “Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.  Lead 
me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God that saves me.  All 
day long I put my hope in you.”
“Psalm 25:4-5

“Lead me in your truth and teach me.” So he doesn’t just teach us, like tell us what to do. He leads us. This is the beauty of his Spirit in us. We don’t just have instructions. We have the instructor dwelling in us, leading us, guiding us, directing us. “Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation.” He’s our savior. He saves us from not just the penalty of sin, he saves us from the power of sin in our lives so that we can walk in his truth, so that we can obey his teaching and follow his leadership as we trust in Him. “For you I wait all the day long,” and the picture of waiting there is just looking to God, trusting in God as our teacher, our leader, and our savior.

~ by David Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment