Friday, January 7, 2022

My Rock


 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and
my deliverer; my God is 
my rock in whom I take refuge.”
Psalm 18:2

In a time of trouble, we have a shelter from the storms of life, a place where we are safe and sheltered from pursuit, danger, or stress.   God speaks that if the mountains fall into the sea – which would be more than alarming and frightening – God says, don’t be anxious, but be still.  Over 300 times in the Bible God says we should not be afraid.  God says it so many times because he knows we are repeatedly afraid and fearful. Thankfully, God is our rock, fortress, refuge, and deliverer as we put our trust in Him.  

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble. 

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.  

 Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:1, 2 ,10).

God also provides a refuge from lies, mean and hurtful words or actions of others.  When we fix our mind on the Lord’s promises, we find that secret place of peace and refuge.

~ wordimpartation.com




No comments:

Post a Comment